Section 385.5 Orientation requirements.
(a) The social services official shall, at the time of application or redetermination for public assistance and food stamps, inform applicants and recipients of activities and supportive services provided under this Part for which they are eligible, including:
(1) education, employment and training opportunities, including those which are available at no cost to the individual, which are available under the local plan prepared in accordance with the provisions of section 385.10 of this Part;
(2) responsibilities associated with the repayment of student financial aid;
(3) supportive services available through the social services district, and the obligation of the social services district to provide such services pursuant to section 385.4 of this Part;
(4) work activities available through the social services district and the social services districts' obligation, if any, regarding those activities;
(5) child care available in accordance with the provisions of Part 415 of this Title, for individuals whose public assistance has terminated;
(6) in accordance with the provisions of Part 415 of this Title and of this Part:
(i) the types and settings of child care services which may be reasonably accessible to individuals assigned to work activities and how such services shall be provided and financed;
(ii) the assistance available upon request to help individuals assigned to work activities select appropriate child care services; and
(iii) the assistance available upon request to help individuals assigned to work activities obtain child care services.
(b) The social services official shall inform applicants and recipients of public assistance of their responsibility in establishing paternity and enforcing child support obligations.
(c) Within one month of orientation, the social services official shall notify the applicant or recipient in writing of the opportunity to participate in the social services district's work activities.
(1) Such notification shall provide a clear description of how an individual may enter and participate in work activities.
(2) Nothing herein shall preclude the social services official from incorporating such notification into the district's orientation.
(d) The social services official may inform applicants and recipients of public assistance of their obligations under law and regulations, any applicable time limits on public assistance, and any other information deemed pertinent by such official.
Return to DSS Regs Table of Contents | Search DSS Regs