729.21 State Committee of Blind Vendors
(a) The commission will conduct the biennial election of a Committee of Blind vending facility managers which will be called the State Committee of Blind Vendors and which will represent all licensees in the Business Enterprise Program on the basis of such factors as geography and vending facility type. Insofar as practicable, there will be proportional representation of licensees on Federal, State and other property. Any licensee in good standing with the Business Enterprise Program may vote for, or be elected, as a committee person. The right to vote or be elected pursuant to this Part is not conditioned upon the payment of dues or any other fees.
(b) The State Committee of Blind Vendors will:
(1) actively participate with the commission in major administrative, policy and program development decisions affecting the operation of the Business Enterprise Program;
(2) receive and transmit to the commission, grievances of licensees and serve as representatives for such licensees concerning such grievances;
(3) actively participate with the commission in the development and administration of a State system for the transfer and promotion of licensees;
(4) actively participate with the commission in the development of training and retraining programs for licensees;
(5) as necessary, sponsor, with the assistance of the commission, meetings, and instructional conferences for licensees within the State. 'Me costs related to a licensee's participation at such meetings and instructional conferences will be considered management services provided through the commission.
(c) The commission, as a management service, will provide funds for conducting four statewide meetings of the committee annually. Any additional meetings will be funded at the sole discretion of the commission. Any such additional meetings convened may be conducted by teleconference, at the sole discretion of the commission. The commission will develop policies and procedures describing the type, amount and method of reimbursement to committee members for expenses incurred as a result of such additional meetings.
(d) The commission retains the responsibility for the day to day administration of the Business Enterprise Program. The commission will endeavor to reflect the advice of the committee in its decisions and actions associated with the administration of the Business Enterprise Program. If the commission does not adopt the views of the committee in major decisions as provided for in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, it will notify the committee in writing and state the reasons therefor.
Return to Part 729 Table of Contents | Search DSS Regs