• Basics – What is a Supplemental Needs Trust; types of SNTs (pooled trusts vs. individual trusts, 3rd party trusts vs. self-settled trusts)
• Using SNTs to eliminate the Medicaid Spend-down – Basics of Pooled Income Trusts (NOT a detailed explanation of all of the steps to get trust approved by Medicaid - for more on that see this Step by Step guide
• What expenses may be paid by an SNT? Different rules for Medicaid, SSI, and other benefits
• ABLE accounts – how are they different than SNTs?
Part 2 - Using SNTs when you Receive a Lump Sum or have Excess Resources
Options when you receive a Lump Sum vary with different benefits. Learn rules on impact of “transferring” the lump sum, spending it or depositing it into an SNT for:
• MEDICAID – differences between “MAGI” and “Non-MAGI” Medicaid
• Veteran’s Benefits (new penalties on transfers of assets since 10/2018)
• SNAP/Food Stamps
• Housing Subsidies (Section 8)
WHO: Lawyers, paralegals, social workers, independent living specialists and others working or volunteering to assist seniors and people with disabilities in accessing Medicaid services.
CLE credit was only available for those viewing the live webinar, not for viewing a recording. If you viewed the webinar, and paid the fee (click on this page to make payment), please be patient while the certificates are being issued. If you don't receive your certificate within a month of the webinar please contact:
Channel Jordan, Volunteer Coordinator – NYLAG email@example.com