These Fact Sheets on Medicaid Managed Care were written specially for consumers, by Medicaid Matters New York. They are dated October 2011 and will be updated in 2012 to reflect changes.
Topics covered include:
Included in the document attached are the following fact sheets:
- Know Your Rights: Continuing Your Ongoing Treatment While Transitioning form Medicaid into Medicaid with a Health Plan
- Attention Restricted Recipients: The Way You Receive Your Medical Benefits is Changing!
- Attention Upstate New York Medicaid Beneficiaries Living with HIV and AIDS: You Are Now Required to Join a Health Plan!
- Attention Medicaid Managed Care & Family Health Plus Enrollees: The Way You Get Your Prescription Drugs Has Changed!
- The Managed Care Pharmacy Benefit [geared for consumer advocates]
- Attention Individuals Who Receive Personal Care: Your Personal Care Services are Now Part of the Medicaid Managed Care Package!
- The Personal Care Benefit for people who do not have Medicare
CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD A FACT SHEET ON APPEALS & GRIEVANCE RIGHTS IN MANAGED LONG TERM CARE (MLTC)
This article was authored by the Health Law Unit of the Legal Aid Society.